Instagram

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Uiyaji Wind Village (의야지 바람마을) Pyeongchang,South Korea

If you are visiting PyeongChang, South Korea which is the venue for the upcoming 2018 Winter Olympics, do remember to head to the Uiyaji Wind Village.
Uiyaji(a place where righteous people live) Wind Village(의야지 바람마을) Is a village located in Daegwallyeong,over 750~800m to sea level.
Located in the highland, makes Uiyaji Wind Village (의야지 바람마을)one of the first places for skiing in Korea.
Also, you could enjoy a various types of winter activities such as sledding, sleigh-rides and even snow rafting, as well as making cheese and ice cream. Have fun and enjoy yourselves this winter, with the spectacular view of wind-mills standing high above the frozen plain.



Today, we had experienced the process of making cheese, pizza and ice cream. There are many tour groups coming here to learn the process of making cheese. Met a group from Singapore and Malaysia. One memorable part will be when one of the uncle had eye contact with me and I smiled back with a Hi He later on asked me where am I from and I replied Singapore. I later asked him where he was from and he said we are neighbor. With one neighbour above and another below, I heard them speaking Mandarin and guessed Malaysia. He was delighted together with the rest of them, we reached to a point where we are both awkward and have no idea what to talked about, I suddenly said" Malaysia, Truly Asia." and they burst into laughter. HAAHAHAHA. later on, he asked me why I could speaks Korean and I told him I am a student here and he is like ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Though it is a very short conversation, interacting with someone sharing  similar culture as you will definitely makes you miss home and of course, the food.

Alright coming back to the making session!


Our delicious cheese decorated with flowers
Moreover, there are crackers, red wine and strawberry jam to go with.
How awesome can that me.

[Pizza Making]



4 simple steps
Step 1 put everything in
Step 2 bake it
Step 3 cut it 
Step 4 eat it 


Dang dang


Proudly present my 1st Handmade Pizza

Lastly, Ice Cream Making










It was a very enjoyable session, but one thing to note is that at least 1 month reservation must be made prior to arrival.
Uiyaji Wind Village (의야지 바람마을)
Address : 141, Hoenggye-ri, Daegwanryeong-myeon, Pyeongchang-gun,
Gangwon-do, Korea
주소 : 강원도 평창군 대관령면 횡계리 141
Transportation : Seoul → (Bus) → Hoenggye Intercity Bus Terminal →
(Taxi) → Uiyaji Wind Village(의야지 바람마을)
교통정보 : 서울 → 버스 → 횡계시외버스터미널 → 택시 → 의야지바
람마을
PS The sheep below is waiting to welcome u

No comments:

Post a Comment